How it works
Gear-switching takes place by turning the gear-shifter located on the outside of each wheel. The only equipment that needs to be mounted on the wheelchair is a bracket and the option to switch to standard wheels remains if necessary.
GEARWHEELs wheel have three positions.
-Downshifted with hill hold.
The downshifting gives around 40% more power.
We are constantly developing our adapters to suit current wheelchair models. Contact Gearwheel for current adapters.
How do i get the product?
Contact Gearwheel for support as the process is different depending on your country.
- One pair of switchable wheelchair wheels plus brackets to wheelchair:
- Provides 40% more power in down-shift mode.
- Is completely mechanical, no electricity.
- Equipped with a hill hold that prevents the wheelchair from rolling backwards.
- Handrims of different models available.
- Can be mounted on various wheelchair models.
- Dimension of the wheel: 24 "
- Weight without hand rim and without tires: 2433 g.
- Increased width: about 3 cm.
- Max user weight: 100 kg.